The Path Unknown...

The Path Unknown...

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Now YOU know MY ABC's...

Hey everyone! How are you all doing?

Things have been sooo insanely busy here the past few weeks. I have had zero time to read all of my fav blogs let alone work on a new post for mine! Sorry to those of you that have been reading! I'm really going to try and be more consistent.

In the last few weeks I have received a few emails from others who are dealing with a lot of the same issues as me. It totally bums me out to know that others are dealing with this too. As strange and hypocritical as it sounds it's okay for me to struggle with this, but no one else should have to....it's okay for me not to see my own beauty, but I think it's so important for others to recognize theirs. There are many days where I feel like giving up, but getting emails like these keep me focused on my goal and are so encouraging. I feel if I can do it maybe I can somehow help them get through it too! So please keep them coming! I know sometimes I'm slow to reply, but I will!!! :)

So things here are going pretty much the same. I am slowly increasing my food intake, but still am not able to actually sit down to an actual meal. I'm trying to eat a few bites of things here and there throughout the day. Which is a HUGE improvement considering where I began. The struggle with the weight I'm gaining is something I'm trying to deal w/one day at a time. Some  days I realize that it's needed in order for me to recover and other days I'm questioning whether or not recovery is worth giving up my "safety blanket" which has been ED.

I'm feeling easily frustrated with my progress, because I think things are moving so slow, but Sarah keeps assuring me that I'm doing great and that sometimes it takes years to get to the point I have in several months. Even though I'm only taking baby steps they are still a step in the right direction.

So I've read a few ABC's of Me on other blogs recently and figured it would be a perfect time for me to do it too...since I've been too lazy to ever compose an about me section. So here is a tiny peek at me. :)

A.   Age: 27

B.    Bed size: Queen....really need to invest in and make room for a King

C.   Chore you hate: Bathrooms & unloading the dishwasher

D.   Dogs: I'm a total Dog person! I have two...a Lab that I adopted (Guy) and a Beagle (Tucker).

 (Aren't they precious??? Aww, they love each other!)

E.  Essential start to your day: I'm a morning person, but brushing my teeth is always 1st thing!
F.  Favorite color: Blue

G.  Gold or silver: Definitely Silver...I've never been a big fan of gold

H.  Height: 5’7”  not a shorty like the rest of my fam...pretty funny though because I used to be super short!

I.   Instruments you play: None, unfortunately. I can mess around on a few things and play by ear...but nothing good. I want to learn piano and guitar!!!

J.   Job title: TI reading Aide-ESL/ELL Parent Involvement Program Director

K.  Kids: I'm surrounded by them all day everyday

L.  Live: in WY...but really belong in HI :)

(Hawaii- June 2010)

M. Mom’s name: Angie

(My AMAZING Dad and BEAUTIFUL Mom)

N.  Nicknames: Ter, Terio, Ter Bear (hate this one), Buffy,
OA, RickyTickyTeriNoSombrarieLadiDadiDa-peh (long story) haha 

O.  Overnight hospital stays: A few...the most recent after surgery this past summer

P.  Pet peeve: Sooo many! Bad manners are huge though! Also, people who take themselves too seriously, or are quick to judge and  stereotype others.

Q.  Quote from a movie: "Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life."

R.  Righty or Lefty: Righty.

S.   Siblings: April, Eric, Paul, Lisa...I'm the baby

(1983-Just missing my sis April)

T.   Time you wake up: 5-5:30

U.   Underwear: We call them chonies around here...haha

V.    Vegetables you dislike: Hmmm I'm not sure if I dislike any...maybe okra, cooked tomatoes and onions, does sauerkraut count?

W.   What makes you run late: Stupid snowy/slick roads

X.    X-rays you’ve had: A few...the most memorable was on my legs.

Y.    Yummy food you make: All the food I make is YUMMY! My kitchen is where I feel most at home! (weird for someone w/ED right...though I've been told it's really common.)
(Definitely one of my top 5 gifts ever...now I find excuses to be in my kitchen just so I can use it!)

Z.     Zoo animal favorite: I LOVE the zoo...even though I think it's sad seeing the animals all locked up. My favs are the BIG animals...Elephants, Rhinos, Tigers,etc.

Okay time to hear from you! Choose a few letters and teach me a little about you in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment